Plantar fasciitis exercises

Sponsored Links

How many times have we heard that diet and exercise are important to maintain good health? Well, the same is applicable to foot health too. By proper diet, you may be able to control your weight gain and by proper exercises, you may be able to alleviate pain associated with plantar fasciitis.

The set of exercises I concentrated on for my plantar fasciitis condition were really very simple. Prior to even getting out of bed, I would stretch my Achilles tendon for a few minutes. The same exercise was performed a few minutes before going to bed at night.

An additional plantar fasciitis exercise included taking a long skinny towel and rolling it over the ball of the foot; then keeping the knees straight I would try to pull the ankle back towards the head. This was performed both in the morning and in the evening.

There have been some reports of recommendations for the use of rolling pins to kind of gently massage the foot. Sounds like a good idea, but I did not practice these.

What I however did was to take some cold pressed sesame seed oil that is available from specialty spice stores, take quarter of a tea spoon and massage it on my heels, arches as well as the ball of the foot using my hands. This was done for both feet for about three minutes a foot prior to taking a shower. I figured the gentle massage might be of value in reducing the inflammation associated with plantar fasciitis.

Sponsored Links

No comments:

Post a Comment